Greetings travel aficionados! I’m back once again… feeling grateful. I’m so thrilled to share with all of you that I was once again selected for the Liebster Award!
Many thanks goes out to the incredible Leslie, of The Bug That Bit Me travel blog for nominating me. She is an avid traveler and total “wander enthusiast,” like all of us. Her blog is packed with excitement, as she shares her remarkable travel experiences in such a way that it truly draws you in! Please be sure to check out her escapades across the globe- for some amazing adventures!!! Hats off to Leslie for a superb job!!!
Once again, the Liebster Award is a set of eleven questions given to upcoming bloggers by fellow bloggers. Each nominee then comes up with there own eleven questions and nominates five other bloggers, thus helping build an audience.
Here are my responses to Leslie’s 11 Questions:
1. How much time do you spend on blogging per week, including social media? It’s difficult to say. It really depends on my travel/work schedule each week, but I’d say roughly 5-10 hours on blog-related activity and all social sites combined.
2. Is there a destination you never go back to? Why? So far, I can’t say that there is really anywhere that I’d never go back to. I will find a way to still have a good time just about anywhere, especially if I’m with the right people. So…I’d probably go back everywhere.
3. Where have you encountered the nicest people on your travels? Give an example. In St. Maarten. I recently visited and would have to say, “They don’t call that island the friendly place for nothing.” The people were so warm and welcoming!! It was absolutely fantastic and I cannot wait to go back!
4. What’s one thing you’ve eaten while travelling that you still dream about? This is a tough question. My diet is somewhat limited, but I have thought alot about the cuisine on my Mediterranean, Norwegian Cruise last summer. I typically use some of my travel days/experiences for cheat days (80% of my diet is plant-based!) I even wrote about my dining experience on Global Living Magazine’s site!!! You can read more about my “epic” culinary adventure here!
5. Where do you live now? This is an interesting question! I want to respond, “Out of my suitcases literally,” because there is much truth in the statement….laughing, but I do split my time up between a few different US locations. If you had to pick another place to live where would it be? It’s a tie between Italy and somewhere in the Caribbean. I’m a fan of not being tied down to just one location, so I could totally see this happening in the future. The more homes, the merrier! 🙂
6. Which aspect of blogging is your favourite? Crafting the content! Writing is therapeutic because it grants me the opportunity to share my thoughts, ideas and experiences with others- all around the world. It’s the best part about blogging to me! I love to write about my adventures and provide other useful information to my followers.
7. Which aspect of blogging is your least favourite? I’d have to say the days that I suffer from writer’s block, or can’t get my ideas to flow properly. Those are the times that I wish I could just talk to everyone in person….to explain what I’m trying to write! LOL
8. Name one goal for your blog this year. It’s always to reach new territories. I think it’s so cool that I can be in the US (or wherever,) while someone else can be in some rather remote part of the world- and they actually take the time to read what I have to say. I’m always so honored by the addition of new readers from so many different countries. It’s humbling. My goal is always expansion.
9. What did you want to be when you were a child? I was always creative, so I enjoyed writing and drawing a great deal. However, as I grew, I took an interest in the medical field and assumed I’d go on to be a doctor at some point. Obviously, there was a change of plans. Although I must admit, I did enjoy my anatomy and biology classes in undergraduate school, but I’m much happier creating content now, than working at a hospital! 🙂
10. If you have pets, how do you manage them when travelling? I don’t currently have any pets.
11. Where do you draw inspiration from other than travelling? My faith in God, my family and my friends. They are the core of who I am!
Here are the rules for those nominated:
Things to do if you’re nominated for Liebster Award:
1. Accept the nomination and thank your nominator.
2. Answer the questions of the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate five new bloggers you think deserve attention.
4. Create 11 new questions and give them to your nominees.
5. Write an article about your nomination on your blog and link it back to the website of your nominator.
6. Please remember to tag your nominator again when you share your article on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, so she can read your Liebster Award blog post.
Here are my new 11 questions:
- Does your blog cater to a niche group of travelers? If so, why did you select that particular group?
- Do you offer contests or giveaways on your blog?
- How many different countries does your blog reach?
- Favorite destination and why?
- Favorite blog post and why?
- What is your goal for your blog this first half of the new year?
- Favorite travel activities?
- Do you prefer to travel alone or with a group? Benefits?
- Airplane, vehicle or train? Why>
- Budget or luxury travel?
- Island or Ice? Why?
Nominees Are: (Looking for 3 more nominees)